HBO Max is now available on the Roku device, which means you can enjoy your favorite shows, movies, music, and much more. But some users reported that they face problems regarding HBO Max not working on Roku. This could be a technical glitch, or you haven't connected them properly. In case you are worried and want to enjoy HBO Max streaming on Roku, don't worry; we have the best solutions for you.
In this article, we will tell you the main cause of this problem and how you can fix it using 8 different methods. So, what are you waiting for? Check out the guide below.
Related Articles: Top Ten Christmas Movies on HBO Max
There can be many reasons HBO Max is not working on Roku, but some of the common ones are as follows.
- You don’t have a strong internet connection.
- You haven’t updated your apps for a long time.
- The third could be the cache. If you haven't cleared the cache, it can also cause issues for you.
- Don’t forget to disable your VPN.
These are the possible reasons why HBO Max not working on Roku. But the good thing is that you can solve this problem quickly.
Suppose you are worried that HBO Max is not working on Roku, and you don't know how to solve this problem. Don't worry because below are different ways that you can use to fix this issue. Let’s discuss these methods one by one.
Before assuming anything or disconnecting your HBO Max, restart your Roku and Router. There are chances that both are causing, so before trying anything, restart both the devices. And for that, you can follow the method below.
- Unplug your device, and make sure it is disconnected. Wait for about 60 seconds and reconnect it again.
- Now, again go to Roku and check if HBO is working or not.
- This process will give a soft reset to your device and remove your network problem.
If the issue is still there, we suggest checking method number 2.
There are various devices available in Roku products, but the bad news is that not all of them are compatible with HBO Max. In case your Roku device is not compatible with HBO Max, then it’s time to purchase a new Roku device.
To buy a new Roku device, go to any popular online store, check the requirements and order the device. Don't forget to check the compatibility; otherwise, you will regret it again.
If you haven't updated the Roku device for a long time and didn't install the latest version, you might not be able to run HBO Max easily. Hence, it is recommended to update your Roku device and follow the steps below.
- Turn on Roku and hold the Homebutton on it.
- Choose the "Settings” option from the list.
- After that, clickSystemandhit the “System Update” option. In case you see any updates on the screen, then download it.
Note: Remember that the HBO Max app works on Roku 9.3, so it is recommended to upgrade the device.
Many users have recommended this procedure; therefore, we are also going to solve the HBO Max not working on Roku by using it. Let's see how this method works.
- Turn your Roku device and press theHomebutton on the Remote.
- Choose the “Streaming Channels” option and click the “Channel Store” button.
- Now, search for the HBO Max channel and click the “OK” button on your remote.
- Hit the “Remove Channel” option and remove the channel from Roku. Now, turn off Roku.
- Wait for a few minutes and turn on Roku again. Now, press the Home button and search for HBO Max again.
- In the search box, type HBO Max and add the channel again. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. If not, check the other method mentioned above.
Related Article: What Channel is HBO Max on DIRECTV?
HBO Max can be opened on Roku if you live in the United States. If you are using VPN to hide your location, this is not a good idea. So, we suggest turning off the VPN; otherwise, you won't be able to fix the HBO Max not working error on Roku.
Why is HBO Max not working on Roku? As mentioned above, there can be many reasons why HBO Max is not working on Roku, and the most common one is not clearing the cache. If you haven't cleared the cache, you won't be able to start HBO Max on Roku. Let's see how you can clear the cache.
- Go to the Home page and press the home button at least five times.
- Now, press the UP button and Rewind button. You have to repeat this process twice.
- Again, press the fast forward button twice. Wait for a while until the cache is cleared.
Sometimes you might have stored corrupted files in the system which can't be removed even after clearing the cache. So, in this case, it is suggested to re-login to your account again, and for that, you can follow the steps below.
- Open HBO Max on Google Chrome or Safari. You can choose the browser according to your requirements.
- In the next step, click the“Profile” option.
- Hit the“Manage Devices” button.
- Look for your Roku device and sign out.
- Now, restart your Roku device again.
- Enter your login details to sign in to the HBO Max account.
There are chances that the show you are watching is unable or the Roku team is working on it. Hence, open any other show or movie and watch it for about 10-15 minutes. If there are no playback issues, it means you don’t have to worry about anything.
That’s all! These are the top solutions that you can try to solve HBO Max not working on Roku. Using these ways, you can easily solve the problems and get the best results. However, if you still face any problems, you can contact Roku customer support and get answers from them.
If you want to watch HBO Max videos offline, then you can install the Vidus Streaming Downloader application. This tool helps download HBO videos on your PC. Once the videos are downloaded, you can enjoy them offline without worrying about the internet connection. Once you have downloaded the HBO videos, you can transfer them to any TV. To use this program, you don't have to do much.
Just follow the steps below, and you are good to go.
- Open the official Vidus Website and download the version of this downloader. Once the application is launched, go to the main dashboard.
- From the home page, click the “VIP Services” option.
- Hit the “HBO MAX” option.
- Search the HBO movie that you want to watch. You can also download the subtitles and audio files.
- In the end, click the “Download Now” option.
- That’s all! You have finally downloaded the movies.
Users who use the 3500x Roku stick have complained about HBO Max not working on their devices. Sometimes, HBO Max takes time to load the content, which can be frustrating. However, don't worry; we have mentioned all the possible ways that can be used to solve this problem. Also, don't forget to upgrade your model because HBO Max needs more RAM and CPU power. In case we have missed any method that would be helpful in solving this issue, do let us know in the comment section below.