If you are a sports freak, ESPN Plus is perhaps one of the most prominent streaming services that you would want to try out. Featuring live coverage of a massive range of sporting action, the streaming service has been catering to even the on demand programming along with live coverage. With ESPN being one of the most popular sports action channel for years, the new streaming service from the franchise has been quite an exemplary choice. But, do you have a Roku device and want to know how to watch ESPN Plus on Roku? Let us check out the best options to watch ESPN Plus on Roku.
Before we can move ahead and find how to install ESPN Plus on Roku, it is important to understand which Roku devices support Roku. This will ensure that you can check out the steps only if your Roku device supports the streaming service.
The ESPN Plus streaming service is supported on a wide range of Roku devices. Some of the legacy models that support ESPN Plus would include
- Roku 2 HD – 3000X
- Roku 2 XD – 3050X
- Roku 2 XS – 3100X/EU
- Roku HD – 2500X
- Roku LT – 2400X/EU
- Roku LT – 2450X
- Roku Streaming Stick – 3400X
- Roku Streaming Stick – 3420X
Before you can install ESPN Plus on Roku, you need to create your ESPN Plus account and subscribe to one of the relevant packages as per your preferences. Once you have created an account and opted for a subscription plan, you can move ahead and install ESPN Plus on Roku.
To create an ESPN Plus account, check out the steps here below –
- Go to the official ESPN Plus website
- Click on the Sign Up option.
- Choose your preferred subscription plan and make a payment.
- Once the payment is confirmed, your account is created, and you are free to watch your favorite ESPN Plus content.
If you have already created an ESPN Plus account and have subscribed to a package, ignore the above steps.
Next, you can install ESPN Plus on Roku by following the steps here below –
- Go to Roku Channel Store on your Roku device or any of your preferred web browsers
- Search for ESPN Plus Roku app
- Click on Add Channel button to begin installing the channel
- Once the channel has been installed, sign in with your ESPN credentials.
- Select the ESPL Plus tab on the app to begin watching your favorite sporting action.
Having found out how to get ESPN Plus on Roku, we will now try finding how much does ESPN Plus cost you. ESPN Plus comes with a few subscription options that you can opt for. The general subscription that offers you all the ESPN Plus content is available at $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. The annual plan provides you access to a 15 percent savings on your subscriptions.
The affordable general plan does not provide you access to all the live programming available on ESPN Plus. The titles like NFL, NHL, or NBA are not available on ESPN Plus. For accessing the complete sporting content, it may be a worthy option to go with the bundled plans. The Hulu + Live TV bundle, along with ESPN Plus, should be a practical solution for a complete content.
The best method to watch ESPN Plus on Roku is to install the ESPN Plus app on your device and begin watching it right away. However, if you cannot get ESPN Plus on Roku for some reason, you may need to look for alternative options. The following options can be a good choice instead of the Roku ESPN Plus app.
- Watch ESPN Plus on Roku with a Live TV app
Using a Live TV app that is supported on your Roku device can be one of the perfect solutions for enjoying your favorite sports content on Roku. The apps like Hulu + Live TV and YouTube TV can prove to be much effective in this context.
The services such as Hulu + Live TV and YouTube TV include ESPN, along with its affiliates like ESPN 2 and ESPN U.
- Subscribe to the alternative TV services
If you are not getting ESPN Plus on your Roku device, you can opt for a streaming service that carries ESPN. Some of these services would include Sling TV, FuboTV, Vidgo, DIRECTV STREAM, etc.
You can simply search your Roku channel store for any of the streaming services that are mentioned above and add the service to your Roku device. You can then create an account with the streaming service and begin watching your favorite ESPN services as per your preferences.
What if you fell in love with a few of the sporting action content, it may be a worthy option to go with the best downloader for downloading the titles so that you can watch it offline without any hassles.
The Vidus Streaming Downloader is your one stop solution for practically a wide range of streaming services. Some of the streaming services supported by the downloader can include Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Disney, and YouTube. You would find it offering you a wide range of amenities and features. Some solutions can include YouTube Playlist downloads, batch downloads, and high-speed download choices. Options for over 100 different streaming services and video sharing sites can further make it a truly formidable option.
Some of the prominent experiences that you would get access to on the Vidus Streaming Downloader can be summarised as
- Support for a wide range of streaming services – The Vidus downloader supports a huge range of streaming services that belong to both the DRM and non DRM genre. Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and many other popular streaming sites are supported on the platform.
- High-quality video downloads – The high-quality video resolution supported on the downloader is yet another prime feature that you would find quite impressive. The titles can be downloaded in 720p, 1080p, 4k, and even 8k resolution
- A powerful high-quality audio resolution – The audio resolution too plays a significant role in enjoying your videos, and the software meets these needs. You can enjoy the downloads at a resolution at EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1, or AAC 2.0 sound channels.
- Batch download capabilities – The bulk download capability ensures that you can download multiple videos in one go. The feature can also be used for downloading all the episodes of a single series.
- Fastest download performance – The downloader comes with a 10x download performance. That would let you download your favorite videos in 10 to 20 minutes
- You can share the videos with any other device – Unlike the default download options on most of the streaming services, the downloader lets you share the videos with your friends. You can even share the videos onto your streaming devices.
- Pick your favorite subtitles and audio – The audio and subtitle languages assume a lot of importance when watching a video in a foreign language. The downloader lets you select your audio and subtitle languages. You can even configure them as per your UI language
- An ad-free download experience – The videos can be downloaded with a perfect ad-free efficiency. Your video viewing experience is never ruined because of the unwanted interruptions. Enjoy your videos to your heart's content.
ESPN Plus as a streaming service, or ESPN as a channel – has been one of the most sought after medium by most of the sports fans out there. If you are checking out the best options for how to install ESPN Plus on Roku, the information shared here should prove to be quite handy in almost every possible way.
In case you are looking forward to the best downloaders for the exciting sporting content on ESPN Plus, we would recommend choosing Vidus Streaming Downloader should double up as one of the most unique choices. The ease of use, simple interface, and a wide range of other benefits offered by the downloader can prove to be much impressive. Get the downloader today, and we assure you that you will be in for one of the most exciting experiences of your life.